Let’s start with a question. How much water do you drink daily? Because, here you will learn the advantages of water, that will make you drink water much more. Are you ready? Let’s begin with functions of the water.
Eight items without which we can not live are carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals, fiber oxygen, and water.
Our body consists of 55-78% of water. Water is very essential for our health and body.
There are a lot of functions and advantages of water and the effects of water scarcity are scary. Don’t let yourself get dehydrated.
Daily through respiration and elimination of toxins (removal of toxins from the body), we lose 1.7 liters of water.
It is necessary to drink 1 liter of water per 25 kg body weight or eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day (the 8×8 rule).
Fresh fruits and vegetables have high water content. The water that you get through these supplies is with a rich mixture of micronutrients that the body can easily absorb. Non-alcoholic drinks can not replace water.
What are the functions and advantages of water?
- Regulates digestion.
- Helps in the excretion of harmful waste materials from the intestines and kidneys.
- Water slows down aging.
- It regulates body temperature.
- Water nourishes the skin and affects the beauty.
- Increases energy. If you feel tired and exhausted, drink a glass of water. Well, when the body has enough water, the energy level is higher.
- It accelerates the build-up of muscles, increases their durability and protects against cramps.
- It reduces stress.
- Water is a basic component of the blood, about 92% of the blood is water.
- The water helps you to exercise better and longer. If you drink water more, you will have more energy and strength to finish the exercise.
- Drinking more water can help with weight loss
The effects of water scarcity in your body leads to:
- Problems with constipation (constipation)
- Muscle pain
- Low pressure
- Problems with the kidneys
- Skin dryness
- Dry mouth
- Weakness in muscles
- Lack of sweating
- Sunken eyes
- Shriveled and dry skin
- Low blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
Symptoms in children:
- In babies – a sunken fontanel (soft spot on the top of the head)
- Dry tongue and mouth
- No tears when crying
- Sunken cheeks and/or eyes
- No wet diaper for 3 or more hours
Read more about symptoms of dehydration at medicalnewstoday.com
Water is indispensable for life. People can survive much longer without food than without water.
The only thing we need more for life than water is the air. Insufficient water intake leads to dehydration.
Water is also very important for every athlete. Read this post and find out how to get your fitness desired results.
Factors that affect the feeling of thirst:
- Protein intake – people who do not get enough protein can not maintain the proper blood level.
- Age – people aged 60 years and above despite the physical need for water do not feel thirsty.
- Alcohol – the loss of water in the body depends on the amount of alcohol consumed and therefore, with alcohol, drink, and water
You know what the effects of water scarcity leads to and the functions of the water. But, we will finish with the same question we started. Do you drink water enough?
If not, then start to drink water more because now you know how important it is for your health and body.